Sunday, February 2, 2014

Day 2 - Little Joys

Quite pleased about the fact that the weather has been warmer these past few days - it was so much easier to breathe on my short run today when it was only about -3C (26F). It was also quite slippery at times, but I ran a slow run today anyway and tried to be super careful and watch my step ! No snow days in Finland; the counties are pretty effective when it comes to ploughing fresh snow off the streets and roads - you can usually hear the snowplows starting around 3am or 4am on weekdays, and even during Saturdays and Sundays they are in full swing in most places...I guess this would be something to be grateful for, as it seems this kind of infrastructure is somewhat missing in other parts of the world - even in areas when snowfall can be expected each year.

Other little joys that come to mind today:

My bedroom !
For the past couple of years I've lived in rental apartments where the square footage/meters haven't allowed enough room for a separate bedroom.....so in my current apartment it seems almost an extra luxury to have one ! And even though I am unable right now to decorate the room (and my home in general) in the way that would appeal to me - I am so thankful for my little room with the adjacent balcony and lots of space for my clothes.



One simple joy for me has always been....nail polish :)
If you see me without painted nails - be it my fingernails or toenails - something's amiss there, mama ! Have to admit that painting my nails has been the last thing on my mind during these past couple of months, but with my positive February I decided it is high time to add little sparkle in my life, no matter how insignificant it may seem. Laugh all you want, but I do feel better when I see my little painted red toes ! Cheap luxury hey !




Back tomorrow with some thoughts about a book I finished !

Day 2 Exercise: running 35 minutes, stretching 20 minutes

2 comments:

  1. I should paint my nails - it always cheers me up. Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you're welcome - glad to hear I'm not the only one who gets a kick out of painted nails, haha !

      Delete

Comments are more than welcome - kommentit tervetulleita :)