The challenge is three-fold. First you have to share eleven random facts about yourself....then you respond to eleven questions that have been presented to you by another blogger...aaand then you must come up with eleven questions for another blogger/s. Wow.
Okay....I'll make the eleven facts about myself short & sweet, here we go:
1. I was born two months prematurely and my birth weight was 1,8 kg (3,9lbs)
2. I have moved close to 40 times
3. I was tee-total for nearly four years
4. Sometimes I see premonitions
5. Half of the time I think in English
6. I have been single for 16 years (steady relationships-wise)
7. I love, love, love New York City
8. I have zero fear for death. If I died tomorrow, I'd be fine with it
9. My other leg is over two inches shorter than the other one; my hip, ribs and spine are kinda crooked because of this (scoliosis) but you can't really see it from the outside unless you know to pay attention
10. I always wear nail polish, both in my toes and fingernails. Toes are always bright red, fingers vary from red to blue to black to purple. Never light colors.
11. I hate monkeys. Sorry.
Here are my responses to the questions I was presented with......
1. Your most vain feature ?
Hmm...if I'm not working out, I always, ALWAYS wear high heels -- this is not just because I like heels, but because I think I look horrible in flats. I'm 5"4/164 and while I'm okay with my height in general, I wish I had a pair of sexy long legs...I don't - alas, dem heels. Oh, and by the way.... I have always enjoyed walking with high heels, I have no problems with them at all -- the one time I actually almost twisted my ankle was when I was wearing "almost flat" shoes that I had bought during temporary insanity.....I immediately sold them to a friend !
|Hello, lover ! Christian Louboutin pumps....I will own this pair one day, I swear !|
2. Your best quality ?
Perseverance. To quote Pink; try, try, try..... I don't always feel strong, quite the opposite at times - but somehow, at some point even in the darkest hour, I always find the strength to get up and try again.
3. What do you not tolerate ?
Arrogance and judgmentality. Homophobia and racism.
4. What is your cooking specialty ?
A blue cheese-broccoli pie. De-lish !
5. If you could take Finland away from its current location and put it anywhere in the world map, where would it be..?
Oh, this is difficult ! I instantly thought of Florida because I loved living there....but then again, maybe it wouldn't be too smart to map us to a hurricane zone :) For me, and endless summer would be THE thing...but for some reason Switzerland in the Italian border comes to mind; amazing scenery, warm summers, possibility to great skiing close by in the winter......then again, Thailand ?! This is too hard, I can't decide. Somewhere by the Atlantic or Pacific Ocean, with hot summers and warm, dry winters...
6. Favorite sports ? (done by yourself)
This is a draw between running and spinning. Whenever I do either, I feel like it's the best...but I can't actually decide which one I prefer, both are amazing.
7. Best childhood memory ?
I don't have any one specific good memory, but summers at my grandmother's place have left me with that warm, fuzzy feeling...I mean, summers back then lasted forever....and were always hot and sunny !
8. Dream job as a child ?
At one point I wanted to be a nurse...but that passed quickly, and whenever grownups would ask me what I wanted to be when I grow up, I would just say "I'll move to America". Later I modified that a little bit and decided I wanted to live in as many countries as possible...I did also vision myself as a performing artist; actress/singer..... I was blown away the first time I saw Fame, that was exactly what I wanted to do/be/study -- but my parents laughed to my face for such "stupid dreams" and told me I'd have to get a real job. It's a pity I didn't have enough self-confidence and ambition, because I now realize I should have gone after my dreams anyway, no matter how crazy they seemed. Funnily enough, this Saturday I'm one of the extras on a Finnish TV-series they are filming...I'm quite looking forward to that experience.
9. The first thing you do after you wake up in the morning ?
Well, now that I'm unemployed and in no rush....I first streeeeetch thoroughly.....then I take out my earplugs (yeah, I have to wear them every night because one of my upstairs neighbors walks around his apartment all night long with his bloody shoes on) and jump out of bed to prepare breakfast.
10. Who or what makes you happy/glad ?
Many little things...right now the fact that the sun comes out more....the fact that even though I'm jobless, I can take this time to take a break and just relax...good books, a good movie, a text from a friend, music. It could be anything really, I'm trying to be happy with less...although I am dreaming of a new camera and a Mac, too :)
11. Five years from now you wish.......
...not much of a yearly planner, but I wish I'm somewhere warm with complete peace of mind, able to live in the moment and not wanting to be somewhere else....maybe with someone I love, or a lot of people who make me feel loved....doing something I enjoy naturally, not doing something because I have to....Ah, to be free.
And then my eleven questions...which, if you find the time to respond, go to Rockygrace, Anni and Elena.
1. If you could gather three known persons (celebrities, politicians, artists, etc.) for dinner with you, who would they be ?
2. You are told that you will have to go back to school and study a new profession; what will you study ?
3. The classic question: you will be sent to live on a deserted island for six months -- which five things will you take with you ? Not allowed: cell phone, computers, radio, other people
4. Sexiest song you know ?
5. What makes you cry ?
6. Apple or Microsoft ?
7. You have to leave your country of birth (or the country you're currently living in) -- which country would you move to and why ?
8. Four toppings on your pizza, what are they ?
9. If you were forced to have a piercing, where would you have it ?
10. What are you proud of ?
11. If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be ? Physically or personality/qualities..make your pick.